As many know by now, Logan is Hugh Jackman’s final outing as Wolverine (seems pretty committed to hanging up his claws). Kind of sucks, but it’s a reality we all knew was coming.
Hugh didn’t want to commit to a final Wolverine installment until he felt it would be better than The Wolverine (great approach!). Having the pleasure of experiencing Logan today, I can safely say they got it right…it’s a damn near perfect ending to an era!
The good stuff:
- Hugh: was this ever in question?
- Patrick Stewart: picture perfect Professor X gives his best performance yet!
- Dafne Keen: don’t take her Pringles!
- The lovely red stuff: it’s about time adamantium claws did some damage (they really do)
- Ending (no spoilers)
- Villain not shown in trailers
- Foul-mouthed Logan: may want to leave the kiddies home
The not-so-good stuff:
- Primary villains (excludes the one mentioned above) are kind of weak
- A couple of questionable decisions made by our trio (not Laura’s fault)
- No more Hugh as Wolverine
I don’t think I have ever watched a movie twice during its theatrical run. Logan may make me break this streak. Go see it!